Search the forum,

Discuss stacking sealed tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

okay, so you've decided to seal your tiles before fixing them, just wondering what we all do with them till they're dry and ready to fix. Do you lean them against the wall around the perimeter of the room, stack them in rows separated with spacers etc?
I'm thinking of asking the wife to "knock up" some racks for stacking them in (she's a welder) anybody else got anything like that?

D

Dougs Third Go

it's not a problem as such Pete, just wondering what peeps do with them till the sealer has dried prior to fixing them:thumbsup:

B

Bubblecraft

Sorry Doug, only ever sealed once fitted. My Mrs. Has always wanted to be a welder

D

DHTiling

90% get sealed once laid BUT certain stones I will seal as they are highly porous , such as applestone , then I pre-seal and then stack back in the crate as it absorbs so so quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

stusgsx

Whatever you do don't separate them with treated battons as a builder found out the other month. Mmm green stripy limestone

P

Perry

it's not a problem as such Pete, just wondering what peeps do with them till the sealer has dried prior to fixing them:thumbsup:
well if your sealer dries quick you put it on before its laid so by the time you pick them up they are dry if not you lay them first then put the sealer on but i have never had a problem in thirty years lol

C

Colour Republic

Stack them in a criss cross fashion if the sealer stays wet for a long while, ok this picture isn't a very good example, it's similar to what we do but you get the idea. It surprising how many you can stack like this and you have minimal point of contact.

Attachments

• kitchen-painting-tips.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 39

Reply to stacking sealed tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen