Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles sealer for wet look and Silicon Waterseal Masonry Sealer on top to water seal 100%? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,
Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be able to help/ advise.
I had some Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles and I want to know a few questions.
I want to seal them as best as possible and have them kinda add a wet/darker look to them that's not to glossy any advise on what's best? If glossy is the only way to get them darker/wet look then this will have to be.

My final and most important question is making these water tight. I understand a sealer will make them stain resistant and water repellent to a degree. I want to know if this below will help me in any way to achieve this and if so what order would be best to do it.

1.Silicon where needed
2.Use a natural stone sealer to give me the look I am looking for and protection from stains.
3 Add one or both of these on top after.
Silicon Water Seal Masonry Sealer
JENOLITE Stop Leak Sealer Spray - Waterproof sealant

I am hoping that putting number 3 on with a nice amount sprayed and painted in will help seal the hairline cracks.
What my concern is with already a sealer on what's most likely penetrated the tile will a silicone water seal solution work on top to make them even more watertight?

I hope someone can help.
Many thanks Dan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, It will be nearly impossible to make split face watertight as there is too many tiny gaps in between the stones.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have used this sealer in the past, to good effect.
image.jpg

Reply to Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles sealer for wet look and Silicon Waterseal Masonry Sealer on top to water seal 100%? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen