Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
mmmmm.......I wonder Geoff. Maybe its because I started life as a structural and mechanical engineer and I can smell them a mile off :rolleyes:

J

Just Rizzle

the only plan I have ever done tile for tile is the one on my aviator as each tile was only correct in that position as it was a 5 x7 mtr ellipse. engineers do my head was he checking with his micromiter .

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hate it when some one gives me plans to work to I all ways ask them how long have they been tiling.

I did a job for a graphic designer and he had laid out the plans exactly the same tile for tile, but he wasn't that smart, he forgot the grout joints and had the window slightly out of position which in turn threw everything out, so I taught him a lesson and told him to go and buy 2 more boxes of tiles as he'd bought the exact number of tiles required

W

White Room

I done a subway with a pattern to follow, about 11 colours involved...someone got paid a nice sum for that.

J

Just Rizzle

Mapped floor. the plan is in the bottom corner

image.jpg image.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
the only plan I have ever done tile for tile is the one on my aviator as each tile was only correct in that position as it was a 5 x7 mtr ellipse. engineers do my head was he checking with his micromiter .

One of my customers asked what tolerances I worked to. I told him I was training to be a brain surgeon but the tolerances weren't fine enough so I changed my career to tiling, made him smile.

Or like my plumber says when you ask him what tolerances he works to, he just says if he's in the right street that close enough, with a wry smile.

P

p4ulo

Q

Qwerty

Yes, it is a shame. What's annoying is that nothing is central in that room to anything at all. Even the basin unit is off centre just as he wanted!!!

Still, made them a light pull with the off cuts

image.jpeg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes, it is a shame. What's annoying is that nothing is central in that room to anything at all. Even the basin unit is off centre just as he wanted!!!

Still, made them a light pull with the off cuts

View attachment 80303

Its a wonder we met up with the French with him on the project then, but then again, was it really a good job we did? :rolleyes:

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley