Search the forum,

Discuss small1st job since training school,refresh needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tbaysaint

hi guys,
been asked to tile small area in bathroom after leak damage,i have no problem doing job pretty straightforward,just wanting to know if have to prime area first and what to do with the feedpipe to the shower,
the customer says the wall is honeycomed something or other,using ceramic tiles of same size as rest of bathroom.pictures attached:drool5::hurray:

ps. the rest of the tiles obove the shower will also be removed.

Attachments

• PICT8340.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT8341.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 52
  • PICT8342.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

I would be concerned about the gap under the bath seal that i can see to begin with :mad2:

What is on the wall now and is that plumbing correct...i hope its plumbing and not electrics i can see chopped into the wall.

W

White Room

The honeycomb is a plasterboard called paramount and it is only about 40-50mm thick, has the plasterboard dried out and did it travel thru to the other side

T

Time's Ran Out

It certainly looks like one of those typical Plumber jobs - the tiler will get over that.
What happened to 1st fix - tile - 2nd fix.

The pipes must be set into the wall.
The shower box should be disconnected and you tile behind the fitting.
The bath needs sealing.
As per Sir Ramic - you need to address the gap under the trim on the side of the bath.
Note : Protect the bath when you take the broken tiles off - and check for any damage to the bath before you take any tools into the room!
Nice little starter job!:thumbsup:

T

tbaysaint

The honeycomb is a plasterboard called paramount and it is only about 40-50mm thick, has the plasterboard dried out and did it travel thru to the other side

havent seen job for myself yet client just sent me the pictures by email,can i fillin the chopped out pipework with adhesive or will it need plastered?

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I don't much like the idea of burying the flexi in the wall, but, i guess you can only work with what you have. What addy are you planning to use? If tubbed, then your cheapest option for the pipework is probably one-coat plaster.
Electric showers aren't complicated to disconnect, but your insurance probably won't cover it, so it's down to whether or not you feel comfortable tackling it. If not, get the customer to have it disconnected before you tile.

Reply to small1st job since training school,refresh needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen