Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma Kera Lift. Full version, well nearly. in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Very interesting read makes a lot of sense I did notice sigma have the cups that you thumb pump Marc
View attachment 92785
Yes they do Matt, but what they're saying is that the regular back rubber isn't as good as other types of rubber available. So we'll see if Sigma have a change of heart in their choice later in the year.
Developing a new form of tooling in any industry takes years of R&D, do it's not surprising that all these companies have different ideas currently, ex large format is still relatively in its infancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

Valid points there Marc, my tiles so far have all been large format + thin porcelain.
I appreciate that there are still large format 10mm up to 20mm which would be crazy heavy!

I even heard recently of Italian's threatening to release 5m x 1.6m x 20mm - anyone care to guess the weight?!

But for the most part, where I can specify thin porcelain, the Keralift is the clear winner.
I particularly like the point about craning the tiles up great heights!

I

Italy

I think it's still too early
to figure out which is better.
Try to follow the evolution of the tiles
It is challenging and costly.
I believe in maximum two years, will all three brands
at the same level.
it's just a matter of updating and follow
Who finds the best solution.
the basics are there for all three brands.
There are only a few options to add,
Over time.
(I'm just talking about what I've seen and heard.
I used only a sigma, a few years ago, but I did not;)
I did not trust.)

O

Old Mod

Here are some images of the Montolit 'Stick'
Being actually used by Garry from post above.

IMG_7864.jpeg IMG_7728.jpeg IMG_7720.jpeg IMG_7687.jpeg IMG_7404.jpeg IMG_7271.jpeg IMG_7281.jpeg

I

Italy

The latest production facilities,
They can build tiles up to 5 meters in length.
All here.
No one builds 5 mt tiles.
Construct work plans for kitchens or the like,
Which cut to size in the factory.
Usually in 20mm thick.
What I read on the internet is all here.

Reply to Sigma Kera Lift. Full version, well nearly. in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen