Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray install on tile adhesive in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
ive got a plastic (i think its acrylic) shower tray. Its not one of the heavy stone resin type.
Anyway im going to lay it on a bed of flexible tile adhesive and wanted to check, when laying the adhesive out on the floor do you guys comb it out using the notched side of the trowel or just lay a continuous bed on which the tray gets bedded into and leveled?

Andrew Owens

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have laid one but it was the heavy resin type, use the largest notched trowel you have, 20mm u shape, skim the back of the tray with adhesive and compress it down.

Reply to Shower tray install on tile adhesive in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen