Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rossymcg

Rainsco, hello there, you get some real good quality interesting work, keep posting its a delight to see it,
Are you working through architects that pass the work to you on behalf of their clients?

J

jonnyc

Rainer .more great work .
question for you.
we have just fixed 60 sq mts Jura blue or grey . The stone has a cloudy patchy beige look in background of stone .i have had this before but client is not happy.stone had twelve days to dry after being fixed with rapid set adhesive .
i have applied a Lithofin wexa wash/scrub which has cleaned some of cloudiness up.
do you get this often as well . I only see this with jura grey.to me it actually looks ok am I think it must be mineral content in stone.i know that this stone oxidises and changes colour from blue/grey to brown tinge over time . I know you use this stone a lot.what is your take on this. [MENTION=31983]rainsco[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rainsco

hi rossy, i always work direkt with clients. i´m not very suitable as a tiler for a architect.

jonny, i have wet spots on the jura on a bathroom. the spots are on the place where the wedi plates are in the under construktion. a kalk-cement render on the edge of the stone for example make this spots too. when i clean up the whole area with möller chemie http://www.amazon.de/Möller-Stone-HMK-Grundreiniger-säurefrei/dp/B009NWU7KE
the area dries better out and all dark spots are away (that was my luck)

there is a cruel method for removing dark spots.. by your own risk. take a finalit yellow spot remover (its for marmor).. the stone gets very bright but the survace is completly raw. its acid. you have to brush then the surface again.

J

jonnyc

just starting a new job.
300.00 sq mts 90 x 90x 20mm crystal bianco marble honed ground floor.
7x bathrooms crema marfill grey light honed 600 x 600 x 20mm and and 600x 600 x20 manhatten honed.
2 x sweeping staircases crystal bainco marble and landing edges .
nice job to get in to for us after a dodgy january.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 017.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 009.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 011.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 74
M

Mr Tiler

I really can not wait to see the pics of this job those tiles are lovely jonny

O

Old Mod

Blimey Johnny that'll keep u outta trouble for a week or two! Well done mate!
Is that local?

J

jonnyc

tell you what though!!
when you get big format i am seriously worried about square .
you cant see from the marble laid up to my 2.50 mt straights edge how acccuate it is .
but to any experienced stone/marble fixer of large size pieces 0.5 to 1.00 mm +/_ is concerning .

O

Old Mod

yes local for me.
burwood park. walton on thames surrey
yeah I know it, close enough to be your nxt door neighbour. Haha
Good luck.

tell you what though!!
when you get big format i am seriously worried about square .
you cant see from the marble laid up to my 2.50 mt straights edge how acccuate it is .
but to any experienced stone/marble fixer of large size pieces 0.5 to 1.00 mm +/_ is concerning .
I can imagine, I've experienced probs like that when doing large areas that go around and then meet up again 3 areas later. The guys who cut seem to think that a mm here or there don't matter. I'm sure like me u've been and explained in detail that near enough is not good enough! Haha

i see your PLS is being put to good use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen