Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amtico

my 1st ever ceramic tile job (my own bathroom)

Attachments

• P1010931.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010934.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010935.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 51
  • P1010940.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 60
  • P1010945.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 57
  • P1010946.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 52
A

Amtico

thanks. i fit amtico and karndean vinyl tiles for a living so i wasnt paying £400 quid for a ceramic tiler to do my bathroom.

just hoping the adhesive i used sticks them ok. (my other thread in adhesive section)
it seems ive used the wrong type of adhesive :oops: but it wasnt my mistake . it was the salesman at tile giant.

U

user123

Sometimes I envy you guys with your straight when possible normal tiles... this is tonight's pic of my work in progress, the commission as given by the London artist who wanted me to translate/'interpret' her original artwork into a mosaic, the background NOT to be completely black and with some movement.... anyhow, this is partially grouted, the background will be grouted with either black epoxy or black marble/stone glue, not sure yet, the hilly bits with a grey epoxy and the brick path with a salmon pnik/yellowish died marble/stone glue or sand epoxy, not sure yet either. Nervous about getting the borderlines tidy, so far so good, but a little tricky.

Anyhow, the original artwork again and the partially grouted progress pic - the mosaic is around 1250 x1000

DSC00080.jpg FuchsiaRiver.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

WOW G. looks soooooooooo good:thumbsup:

Thanks, Mark, I'll start breathing properly when it's all done... I have to drill through it all, too, to fix a flat screen high tensile bolts bracket, choosing the best possible locations. I am REALLY hoping that 4 bolts will be enough, that it will be ok to countersink them just a little and then cover them... it ain't over till the fat lady sings... I haven't sung yet....
pray.gif
everybody reading this please wish me luck... this is the point where I would LOVE some help...

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
recent job in northumbria

i havent added any ceiling shots as it actually ruins the pictures as the client has a half smashed ceiling and is going to get it boarded and skimmed......................at the end of the tiling????

Attachments

• DSCF1333 (907 x 1209).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF1338 (907 x 1209).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1340 (907 x 1209).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF1344 (1209 x 907).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1353 (1209 x 907).jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1355 (907 x 1209).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 62
D

davemul

Very nice job mate\\im doing the same as you have done on the walls, for my bathroom.

M

MTiler

Sometimes I envy you guys with your straight when possible normal tiles... this is tonight's pic of my work in progress, the commission as given by the London artist who wanted me to translate/'interpret' her original artwork into a mosaic, the background NOT to be completely black and with some movement.... anyhow, this is partially grouted, the background will be grouted with either black epoxy or black marble/stone glue, not sure yet, the hilly bits with a grey epoxy and the brick path with a salmon pnik/yellowish died marble/stone glue or sand epoxy, not sure yet either. Nervous about getting the borderlines tidy, so far so good, but a little tricky.

Anyhow, the original artwork again and the partially grouted progress pic - the mosaic is around 1250 x1000

View attachment 32276 View attachment 32277

WOW x

missyT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen