Search the forum,

Discuss setting out when bath in centre of room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

FreeD

sealed my tiles today and going to start laying tmw...had a little trouble setting out...on this job as you walk through the door aobut 1 metre in front the bath is standing almost in the centre of the room against the back wall...i was wondering how i would get a straight line from the centre of the doorway to the bath to follow with my diamond pattern or should i just lay in a dog leg fashion...as for setting out i've started with a full tile from doorway then dry layed to the edge of either side of the room and i'll ping chaulk lines back to the doorway tmw to follow...i read somewhere on these forums that with a diamond pattern it doesn't matter so much about size of cuts at edges...also safe to start with full tile at doorway?

god knows how i'm going to cut round the door frame :mad2:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I am a bit confused, but I will try...Measure the width of the wall by the bath and get a centre point. Do the same across infront of the doorway and join the centre points to get your line. Then dry lay the tiles from that to get the best position / cuts etc and mark your start point. Think this makes sense, but I am tired!

F

FreeD

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Hope this helps some pics...may sound like a stupid question how do i ping chalk lines with bath in way of centre points...

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Best to go with what looks best and suits the room then. With diamond, like brickbond, you are going to have a compromise somewhere. Luckily what looks the nicest involves easier cuts so I always show the customer the 3 best options as I see it and let them decide - your *** is always covered then.

Reply to setting out when bath in centre of room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.