Search the forum,

Discuss Self leveling question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Holohana

Hi all i have a question about self leveling

I have around 22m2 to do. Is there a rule of thum as to how mcuh would be needed for an area like this?

How much, on the cautious side, does a 20kg bag do?

I see its around £15 for 20kg, is that about right or can it be got for much cheaper?

Any help would be great as not done leveling b4.

Cheers all/

W

wivers

I think its normally 1 20kg bag per 5 sqm at 3mm thickness or thee abouts. So its gonna depend on how thick you need the the compound to be.

I think most compounds recomend anything over 5mm deep should be strenghtend with granite chipings. Although you can get compounds that go thicker without chippings. Wicks do one for about 13 quid a bag, and Topps do thee own make one made by Palace chemicals which i used the other day and it wasn't too bad.

Ask Gazz about the new single part water based Bal one they do.

S

sWe

Hi all i have a question about self leveling

I have around 22m2 to do. Is there a rule of thum as to how mcuh would be needed for an area like this?

How much, on the cautious side, does a 20kg bag do?

I see its around £15 for 20kg, is that about right or can it be got for much cheaper?

Any help would be great as not done leveling b4.

Cheers all/

Normal coverage seems to be between 1.5 and 1.7 kg's powder per mm thickness per m2. Some go as low as 1.25kg/mm/m2. The amount you need depends on what SLC you choose, and how thick you want to pour, which in turn depends on how uneven/out of level the surface is, and if you want to build a gradient or not.

5m2 @ 3mm thickness for a 25kg bag equals 1.67kg/mm/m2.

Check out my materials spreadsheet. It's got an SLC calculator which is fairly easy to use. There's a link in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pawelzik

Normal coverage seems to be between 1.5 and 1.7 kg's powder per mm thickness per m2...

Nearly agreed with sWe, for our self levelling compound type Norplan K 5 for approx 0 - 10 mm is calculated with 1,8 - 2,0 kg/m2 per mm thickness.

S

sWe

I demand that you agree with me!!! :furious3:

Just kidding :grin:

So lets say 1.5-2kg/mm/m2 for most normal SLC's then. Then your product is in the "normal" range :thumbsup:

How thick can you pour K5 in one go/without extra aggregate? I'm using a local variety today which does in the region of 2-50mm, and it's tankable and tileable after about 1 day at about 30mm thickness; two days at 50mm thickness.

Reply to Self leveling question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen