Search the forum,

Discuss screed courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

true saint

hi guys iam new to the forum iam moving over to oz in jan 08 and looking to see if you run any courses for screeding as i belive tis a tilers job.
any info woulb be good.
i will be moving to wa.
many thanks ts:happy:

Reaction score
Hello saint, if you are on about laying floor screeds...tis a plasterers job..if you are on about self levellers, then yes that is for the tiler..Mark.

S

sc24

tell a screeder its a plasterers job he'll ram his float down your throat its a trade in its own right, is it the same across the country that good screeders are difficult to find

P

Paul M

It is a hard thing to master sure enough but if you find your levels then by using a water level then its plain sailing just keep making sure you never go above your first set level, same principle as terazzo tiling if that makes any sense

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't it used to be part of the old City and Guilds tiling qualification? Both screeding and rendering, I think.

A

actiling

orite true saint,
i believe that screeding,plastering and tiling are all trades in there own right, however i would expect a good tiler to be able to do all three if it was in relation to his tiling work........good luck in oz..................chris

C

ChaseTiling

Didn't it used to be part of the old City and Guilds tiling qualification? Both screeding and rendering, I think.
Dan,

Your absolutely right. It is part of the Intermediate Construction Award (Tiling) at Level 2. For those that are unsure, this is a City & Guilds qualification that is endorsed by the Construction Skills (CITB). They form the construction industry standard for qualifications in the construction work force.

And because its part of the ICA, you will also find it forms part of the NVQ2 performance criteria. This means you MUST be able to demonstrate or provide evidence of, you screeding, rendering AND skimming ready to accept tiles (unit VR141)

This is something that we cover on our ICA courses here at the centre.

Chase Tiling :)

Reply to screed courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen