Search the forum,

Discuss Schluter School - Online Training in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

J

JFRWhipple

Good Day men. It's John from Vancouver and I'm trying to check out this new Schluter School I found online. It's just for you Islander's and not for us in North America.
So, I'm hoping one of you would be kind enough to email your user name and password so I can check it out! :hurray:

Here in North America the advice given on Kerdi and Ditra is less than ideal. Schluter Canada and Schluter USA do not allow the use of modified thin sets even though most tile suppliers are requesting them. I'm curious to find out how the Schluter UK specifies the installs since we plan on using Ardex setting materials with any Kerdi install going forward.

I would love this access. I have a box of Chubbies (7" Carpeter's pencils, with level, magnet and ruler) for the first person to gain me access to this online training academy from Schluter.

You can check it out here.

eLearning at Schluter

For more info on the pencils check out this link.

Carpenter's Pencil and level in one. Not only that it has a magnet and ruler

JW

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JFRWhipple

I've attempted to register for what it's worth. It says it'll email me login details. Not sure if it will though.

Nice. Thanks Dave.

The next generation Chubby is out and enroute to me here in Vancouver. If you get me in I'll send you some of these as well. I'm curiuos to check out the differences between a Euro Kerdi install and a Canadian one.

Thanks.

JW

D

DHTiling

Hi john.. i had this conversation on John bridge forum a couple year back about using modified thinset on ditra etc , so i emailed schluter uk and they said they do say that modified thinset is fine to use, so mentioned this on JB forum and got snidey remarks etc.. so it deffo seems that schluter.com recommend different to schluter.uk

The schluter school is more to learn about using schluter products, you will find adhesive info on the normal schluter.uk site

J

JFRWhipple

This is exactly why I want to take the UK training. In North America the Kerdi warranty is only 5 years. If you use Ardex and their modified thinsets you can get a ten year warranty. Personally I use Mapei and Noble Company mostly and have 15 + year warranties but people ask for Kerdi alot in Vancouver. Why I don't know - I look at it as the thinnest cheapest membrane on the market - at 8mil it ain't very thick.

What is the thickeness of Dural in the UK 21 mil (21/1000") ??

JW

Reply to Schluter School - Online Training in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen