Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rad2474

Got a job to look at tomorrow,woman wants her bathroom regrouted as i've never done a regrout before just full tiling was wondering what people charge for regrouting. I normally charge £20 2mtr for ceramic tiling. Of course i don't as yet know how big the bathroom is as for how long it will take any pointers would be appriciated Thx Paul.

D

davy_G

As per Dave, on a dayrate. Be careful fo those tiles though.

If you have a fein it will be quicker, tape a hoover to the multimaster to suck up the dirt at source.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Do it on day rate and be careful.

It can be a bloody nightmare to do and it is easy to chip the tiles. I dont have a fein multimaster so have done it by hand (was only a shower cubicle) and it wasnt easy.

G

grumpygrouter

If it anything like the only regrout I have done, you might be lucky and find the tiles are Dot n Dabbed and you can just push the old grout through to the back of the tile.............

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Could take a day......or a week to rip out the grout.

Defo day rate...........but let them know it could take a while.

Then, turn ya radio up and away ya go............it'll drive you nuts :yikes:

F

Fred

I don't like regrouts. Did them when I started out at day rate. I find the fein multi-master, if you are not careful, will chip a tile, then you get the call back because the clay in the tile bloods into the new grout, only on ceramics. So I do it by hand and hate it.

Reply to Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen