Search the forum,

Discuss re tiling shower base and replace grate system in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grinder

Hi guys
I need some advice as to how to remove the flange in the shower floor so I can re tile my shower base as per photographs.
I'll be grateful for your advice as I do not want to break the exiting waterproofing. Should I remove the ring with a grinder or look for an adapter to place the new grate over it?
Thank you guys

PS Oh BTW the diameter hole is 75 to 80 mm not taking into account the ring around the tiles if that is then the hole is 100mm diameter.
I thought to carefully chip off the tiles around the ring and grind the ring so it may come off then insert the new flange sealed with polyurethane silicone and continue tiling over tiles.
i wonder if that is the correct method provided the ring comes off without much work.
Now i found an 80 mm opening but not sure if it fits right into the pipe and silicone or waterproof it
Thank for your help guys

Attachments

• 20141021_100827.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20141021_102406.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 35

Reply to re tiling shower base and replace grate system in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen