Search the forum,

Discuss Question for Ajax123 on anhydrite screed. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
where can i get it from? im based in leeds.

there is an outfit in South Yorkshire (Might even be leeds) who can supply it as they are a benfer stockist. I can't remember who they are but will back track my diary and find out for you.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
alan with the benfergyp do they still recommend removing laitence off screed and priming ?

ted

They say it can be used without a primer. I am not sure about that personally but will leave them to offer what guarantees they need to offer. My concern would be suction into the screed drying the addy too quick so I would always primer personally.

As for sanding off laitance. It depends if there is any on the screed or not.

It may need to be sanded for other reasons than laitance however as I have yet to see the screed which is clean and free from construction debris.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
the primer i was told to use was called mega anhydrate primer. benfer have apparently tested it and it works

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the primer i was told to use was called mega anhydrate primer. benfer have apparently tested it and it works

never heard of it but then there are a lot of primers I have never heard of. I will check it out though and let you know what I think.

the fact they spelled it wrong does not bode well of course.

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

do benfer do an acrylic or epoxy primer? looked on the website couldnt see. Any ideas on prices for benfergyp?

ted:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Benfer certainly do an acrylic benferprim I think and I beleive they do a polyurethane primer. trouble is with Benfer that htey have no offices in the UK so everything is done through distributors. I usually phone the TTA if I want stocists for certain manufacturer cos most of them are members.

The last price I got for Benfergyps was about 6 months ago and it was £13.50 plus VAT per 20kg bag. Price will vary cos the distributors will be buying in Euros so the exchange rate will affect the price.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Direct tile importers that was the one. I had a name as well but can't find the page in my diary where I wrote it down.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

You are posh Alan, I have bits of cardboard, with tel no's on no diary for me:oops:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
when I say Diary Phil.....i mean the back of old receipts stuck together with gaffa tape.......occasionally old bank statements.....drive my mrs mad cos I pick up any old bit of paper and make me notes on it.......:oops:

Reply to Question for Ajax123 on anhydrite screed. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen