Search the forum,

Discuss Putting Electric Heating Mat Under Tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have got the boarding down it is wedi board which had been stuck down with adhesive and screwed down also with extra metal washers.

Someone has now told me it is not a good idea to put an Electrical Heating Mat over it beacuse of the metal screwes and washers.

Can I just take them out? Help

It will then be screeded and tiled.

Thanks,

Sam

Attachments

• 20220610_195417.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220610_195411.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 14

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
I always use the washers with Wedi type boards.
Stick the electric mat down securely and then cover thoroughly with a fibre enhanced or latex based self levelling compound. You shouldn’t experience any issues as the wires will be fully encased and therefore unable to move or become damaged.

Reply to Putting Electric Heating Mat Under Tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen