Discuss Priming when using ready mix in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all I've got a newbie question here!

I've got a kitchen splashback coming up soon with 200x100 ceramic metro tiles, I'll be using mapei mapegrip D1 ready mixed adhesive and have mapei probond primer.

My question is do I need to prime the walls first even though it is a ready mix? I have always primed before hand but I've heard lots of people saying you don't need to prime when using ready mix?

The wall is painted but in good stable condition. Could I just get away with tiling straight onto the painted wall without priming or would I need to score the wall first? Or should I score then prime? If I can avoid the sanding then that would be great!

I'd appreciate any advice thank you

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Priming when using ready mix in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB