Search the forum,

Discuss Priming when using ready mix in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all I've got a newbie question here!

I've got a kitchen splashback coming up soon with 200x100 ceramic metro tiles, I'll be using mapei mapegrip D1 ready mixed adhesive and have mapei probond primer.

My question is do I need to prime the walls first even though it is a ready mix? I have always primed before hand but I've heard lots of people saying you don't need to prime when using ready mix?

The wall is painted but in good stable condition. Could I just get away with tiling straight onto the painted wall without priming or would I need to score the wall first? Or should I score then prime? If I can avoid the sanding then that would be great!

I'd appreciate any advice thank you

Reply to Priming when using ready mix in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen