Search the forum,

Discuss Potential grout issues with tile in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Screenshot_20190728-184631~2.png

I have a job coming up and I've been told they are porcelain. I'm yet to see the tile in person. The surface looks like I might need to be careful when grouting. Any advice?

T

Tile Shop

They should be fine to grout as normal if the are glazed porcelain, but if they are textured or if you're using dark grout (eg black or anthracite) do a test on a spare tile to see how easy they are to clean. If it stains or is very difficult to remove, apply some temporary sealer like Bal Protective Sealer and re-test to ensure it does the job. Should make them easier to clean and the sealer should automatically come off during the cleaning off process.

D

Dumbo

Just had similar .
So what I did was two things .
1 get a tiler and do an acid test on it in case you need it . This is to know you don't wreck the tile with acid
2 , also test with bal pre wax sealer to see if you use that on the tile that it will come of ok .
Other than that work as clean as possible and maybe grout smaller areas before clean up and use two water buckets when grouting .

Reply to Potential grout issues with tile in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen