Search the forum,

Discuss plasterboard tape and tank around bath? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Davesax

Hi

I have a bath with two old uneven walls . The owner has had problems with previously sealing around the bath , including the ceiling below bulging and nearly collapsing .

He has bought me the large flexible ( moving ) bead that seals the bath ( gemini I think ) . It moves as possibly the bath moves too on the floorboards.

As I am tanking the the wall above anywya for the shower , I was wondering for an extra seal if I could tank around the bath before the bead went on? The bead would cover any visible tanking .

Thanks guys

D

Davesax

I didn't use the tanking/plasterboard tape . You can just see in the pic the bead which is ' homelux pro seal ' which allows for 15mm movement . Looks neat as well - does anyone use this as a slightly more expensive alternative to sealant?

Attachments

• DSC00616.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 149
F

faithhealer

sorry to be a damper,(make your own jokes up) but the homelux one has a leak in the corner because the edges aren't glued together. The tele seal one was glued together but both seals don't stick to the bath forever.
next time dave, secure the bath with batons, supports what ever and silicon between bath and wall before the tiles go on and a bead of silicon after tiling and you won't have any problems.

Reply to plasterboard tape and tank around bath? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.