Search the forum,

Discuss plasterboard/backerboard question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Re: Damaged plasterboard - OK to tile on?

What thickness plaster board is required for the bath/shower wall, 9mm or 12mm.does it always have to be primed ? what is the required aqua panel/becker board thickness needed for the same job.

hi spooney

your thickness of plasterboard will depend on whether you have to match up against the plasterboard that is already there. if you're reboarding a room from scratch, then it's your choice whether you want 9 or 12mm. You might have to take into account existing door frames etc.

plain plasterboard should be primed. if you are using plasterboard in a showering area, get a tanking kit too. tank the plasterboard and then prime the tanking.

I'm sure you can get water resistent backer boards in many different thicknesses. I have only used 6mm thick sheets myself, but it's worth speaking to the manufacturers and seeing what they offer.

:thumbsup:

Reply to plasterboard/backerboard question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.