Search the forum,

Discuss NEW TILER EXPERIENCE NEEDED NOTTINGHAM in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Afternoon all I have recently completed a course with UK Pro Tiling , and now looking gain more experience in the real world. Is there anyone around the Nottingham area willing to let me shadow them every now and then. Cheers

Reaction score
If you are looking purely for experience and are willing to work for free for a bit, I’d go to a local supplier at opening time when most tilers are getting their gear and ask if any want a bit of free labour for experience… you’ll be doing a lot of bumping tiles and gear, mixing, cleaning buckets and tools, but it will be an insight and they’ll probably sling you a few quid. Some of the older boys will be thankful for it, but in my experience in my area, a lot of the older ones have bad habits.

A firm might take you on with no experience, but you’ll probably end up stuck in the loop of getting paid just enough to stick up bumpy whites in council houses or house bashing.

I worked for practically nothing with a bloke a few jobs a month that was doing jobs that the majority of tilers wouldn’t ever do, I just thought of it as my lack of payment was paying for a course. It’ll pay off in the end.

Good luck!

Reply to NEW TILER EXPERIENCE NEEDED NOTTINGHAM in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen