Search the forum,

Discuss new blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

dna-550.jpg
Montolit DNA Blades
DNA represents the most important innovation and a genuine technological revolution in the field of diamond tools, since the introduction of laser welding in 1980

The diamonds are precisely arranged in individual positions around the circumference of the wheel. Even the orientation of the diamond grains is controlled!

The result is a blade that effortlessly cuts with minimal chipping on a wide range of materials with amazing speed and durability

Suitable for:

- Fantastic on porcelain!
- Quartzite
- Limestone
- Ceramic Tiles
- Terracotta
- Marble
- Travertine
- Granite

Wet cut only

Yes they are expensive - But you get what you pay for!...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

Dumbo

had a look at themdave on tradetiler they look like the best ones around not cheap but agree with you, you get what you pay for. only prob my size is out of stock.:mad2:

ted:thumbsup:

I

itstony

This blade is highly recommended, but my experince does not vouch for them I´m afraid.
I bought the Monolit and paid 160 pounds to cut Porcelain and it was not as good as the DeWalt blade. Made extensive tests to compare and my view is made up.

I guess it depends what you want to cut. If ceramics or stone, I can see it would be a good strong blade and do the job.
For fine Porcelain cuts, look at the DeWalt or perhaps Rubi.

As I say about experience ........ based on mistakes.
BTW, the DeWalt DT3734 was 45 pounds!
You have to ask is it worth spending three times the amount:thumbsdown:

D

Dumbo

thanks for posting itstony what tile cutter did you have this on? any other members bought this blade?

I

itstony

thanks for posting itstony what tile cutter did you have this on? any other members bought this blade?

DeWalt 2400.

The Monolit is a strong blade and rips well, but please remember my views are based on Porcelain tiles I am working with.

I am not saying the blade is no good, just not what I needed. I wanted good clean cuts and the Monolit couldnt do it as well as the DeWalt.

I guess it depends on what you are using it on.

Reply to new blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen