Search the forum,

Discuss Need a new diamond blade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

joshtiler

Hi all, I have a rubi 200 nd wet cutter and have been using a macrist ck850 in it but I'm now In need of a new blade. I found that the macrist chips some tiles especially porcs even when it was relatively new has anyone else had this problem? I have been looking at the montolit DNA blades and was just wondering if people rated these and are they really worth nearly double the price of the macrist? Any options would be great thanks.
Josh

D

DHTiling

The DNA is a good blade but i also have the Sigma 86C and this blade is very good IMO... and cheaper than the DNA..

J

joshtiler

Thanks for the reply dave does the sigma blade come in a 200mm size and where is the best place to get one from? cant see them on tradetiler?

D

DHTiling

Yes it comes in a 200mm size... you can get it from PHG on 01388 661888 or 01388 776211 they are moving showrooms( first one new showroom , 2nd old showroom) , make you get the reducer ring for rubi cutters.

J

joshtiler

Thanks alot for the help dave will look into getting one of these :) have you used the macrist blades? Did you find they chipped the tile or am I doing something wrong?

D

DHTiling

Ye i used to use the marcrist but got the same results as you.... I have the DNA in my dewalt and the 86c in my 9p..

J

joshtiler

Glad it's not just me, i thought I was doing something wrong, bit dissapointing for a £70 blade really, I have the same macrist in my makita angle grinder but don't have as much of a problem with that, would that be because the macrist blade doesn't like being wet or is the angle grinder just more powerful?

D

DHTiling

See now i have a marcrist blade for my grinder and i find it poo at hard tiles...

best grinder blades IMO are the monty pro-gres and the Sigma 75c..

J

joshtiler

Yeah it's still not great but I found that it didn't chip as much as the one In my wet cutter which is strange? It has put me right off the macrist range altogether so will be looking at both the DNA and sigma :) thanks again for your help.

D

DHTiling

No probs , just a small extra ... switch your machine on and then straight back off , as the blade slows down.. look to see if there is blade wobble.. this might be the cause of chipping ,

J

joshtiler

Ok will have a look tomorrow if there is a wobble what would cure it? Is it just a case of tightening the nut or does it mean the blade is not sitting right in the machine?

D

DHTiling

It could be one of two things , warped blade or bent spindle... you can test the spindle by putting another blade on it, if it still wobbles then there is an issue with the spindle , and if no wobble then it was the blade , so a new one will cure that.

J

joshtiler

Ok I have the standard rubi blade that came with the machine still which I have barely used so will test it with that if there is a wobble. It has been making a bit of a whistling noise as the blade slows down last couple of weeks. Thanks.

R

Rookery

Marcrist have a money-back guarantee. Use it if you feel the blade is faulty or cutting poorly. I went from Monty to Marcrist and back to Monty in my wet cutter, not a DNA though. At least as good as the CK850 IMO.

Reply to Need a new diamond blade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen