Search the forum,

Discuss need a new blade in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Marcrist, Rubi CPC or Montolit, all good as far as i can personally say......Dewalt is a cracking wheel too.

W

White Room

I have a montolit dna blade on my ND200, only used for the first time today..cuts fine but can be pricey

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
you think its worth spending the extra doug? about £35 more than the marcrist i think.....only had a quick look at them.

D

doug boardley

I do andy, I've always used the rubi cpc's before,,, no going back to them now tho' after getting a monty dna blade:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

The DNA blade is awesome , truly out performs any other I have had in tile saws

---
- Sent from my iPhone

S

Stef

i have used the marcrist ck850 for a couple of years now, in a grinder & my small plasplugs wet. got one in my big dewalt too, its a great blade. wouldnt mind trying the monti dna its some price though????

D

DHTiling

hows the dna on glass mosiacs ?

Porcelain is a vitrified material and Glass is fully vitrified.. i have cut glass with the DNA and no shelling...

The DNA is designed for hard materials and cuts them very efficiently IMO.. and just to add.. curs soft stones etc just as good.

Reaction score
Porcelain is a vitrified material and Glass is fully vitrified.. i have cut glass with the DNA and no shelling...

The DNA is designed for hard materials and cuts them very efficiently IMO.. and just to add.. curs soft stones etc just as good.

thanks for that dave, I have some round glass mosiacs to cut to fit a square apeture, they have the coloured backing to a clear glass and wondered how well it cuts this type of glass.

I can get them water jet cut for less than the cost of a dna blade but want to try a new blade as not that impressed with the ck850 (have had 3 of differing sizes on the dewalt)

D

DHTiling

Sometimes though Rob it is the backing that chips...no matter what blade you use..

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Get the montolit dna blade as dave says , i took his advice last year after needing a new blade for my Rodia bridge and its well worth the extra , it cuts much faster and leaves a superb finish ..

Reply to need a new blade in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen