Search the forum,

Discuss My Project: Kitchen Floor Tiling 300 x 300mm in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dantheram

Evening all,

i'm about to start my first tiling project and thought i'd share it on here an see what advice, tips or suggestions might pop up.

i'm tiling (300mm x 300mm ceramic tiles) a 8sqm kitchen floor with a few cuts to make around units. I'm laying 6mm insulation boards and then 5sqm of heating mat before tiling.

my questions are; what trowel shall i use when tiling (using a 10mm round notched trowel for the boards) and should i undercut the door fames or just cut tiles to fit round them? Also, is it difficult to get things level when going from heat mat to just insulation board - assume it just a case of making up the depth with adhesive?

Many thanks,

Dan

D

dantheram

Re: My Project

Dan, If your in Derby and require sound technical advice then pop along to our showroom just off Stores Road (address in signature)

Lee

Cheers Lee

i think im getting there now but may well pop in.

im going to trowel out a bed of adhesive with a 6mm notched trowel and lay the insulation boards. then lay the UFH mat and cover in SLC (mapei ultrabond renovation screed) at 3/4mm. then tile with a 10mm trowel.

would have loved to get some more depth in on the boards but it's going to raise the floor level too much.

Reply to My Project: Kitchen Floor Tiling 300 x 300mm in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen