Search the forum,

Discuss Multi room floor leveling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All
Looking for some tips on mulitiroom leveling. As it is it looks like the kitchen has the highest point with the floor dipping into the utility and then into the hall again dips.
I'm wondering how others tackle these jobs.
The kitchen will need a liquid dpm so my usual way of drilling and plugging and screws to find levels cant be used either. Floors are sound concrete in an old farm cottage. No ufh.

Best liquid dpm and any advise on prep for layng slc on top of it?

What steps do others use to determine their levels in multiroom?

What do others use to set there levels.? I.E Screw heads etc.
Any help, advise and tips much appriciated.

Thanks
D

L

LM

Flooring suppliers offer a better range of Dpms and levellers as they’re more commonly used in that trade. It all depends what brands you have available. My first choice would be Ardex, but F Ball, Tremco, Uzin, Mapei etc all do good systems. Just make sure that you stick with one brand for all the products.
As regards to the levels, if you can’t plug and screw reference points then simply silicone plastic packets in place through the whole floor, set off your laser datum and allow to dry. If the floors really rough a coat of Ardex NA before the DPM would be the first thing to do, then apply your DPM, once dry set your packers and then level up in however many coats are needed.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Plastic packers siliconed or a surface level laser if you have one

F

Flintstone

As above. I’ve used Tilemaster epoxy dpm, very solid once set. You prime plus grip it then you can level on top. What m2 are we talking ?

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use plastic packers stuck down with silicone.

Set laser up and mark on a staff highest point, use joiners packers or spacers stacked up till they hit mark on staff then stuck with a hot glue gun.. Ultra do a decent two part liquid dpm, roughly get about 8sqm out of a kit..

Cheers fellas.

Reply to Multi room floor leveling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen