Search the forum,

Discuss mosiac border on aquapanel board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nelson

Hi everyone.Hope you can help, I'm tiling a shower enclosure next week - its a small space with three sides to tile.I'll be using plain white tiles 20x25 and i'd like a mosiac border half way up to split up all the white.Thing is, its all aquaboard i'm going on to and wondering how do I do border.If i leave the gap and then put baton on for the rest of main field I guess i'd have to use plasterboard plugs but this would leave large holes in the board which would surely be a bad thing? or would it not matter?or is it better to tile, put the border on and then just leave it till next day and carry on? I was hoping to get it done (minus grouting) in a day.what do you think? thanks very much.

S

Scott

You could always space the border, need loads of spacers though and takes a bit of time to get it right! Or as you said you could leave it or use a bagged rapid set adhesive?

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I tend to do the bottom half of the wall in rapid set adhesive so that you can put the border on top, but making sure that it is plumb when you fix it, then when you have tiled the rest of the bottom, you can start tiling above the first bits of border that you stuck. Simples:thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Fix the border as I go, if it needs loads of spacers then so be it, I find it quicker that way than having to go back to it, if I do have to, then as Whitebeam says, use off-cuts to keep the field tiles in place.

N

nelson

thanks everyone, some good advice in there...if I use loads of spacers (i guess u mean one in between each and every mosaic tile) i think i can imagine they are going to shift around and push too far in etc. and be getting in a right state! i'm considering using a solid tile border and not mosaic so that i can tile straight up as normal, but I would then feel bad about running away from the challenge!

N

nelson

no, someone is paying me to do it.Actually, (and this is a an interesting idea for a new thread), they haven't asked me to do it like that,I just thought it would look nice and so would just do it and hope they like it!

N

nelson

i forgot to say, i have a spare box of the mosaics someone gave me, that's why I thought i'd do it

Reply to mosiac border on aquapanel board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen