Search the forum,

Discuss Marmox board suppliers in scotland? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Katie279

Hi all,

Cracking through tiling job today, however have underestimated the amount of marmox board required - ideally would like to carry on tomorrow if poss, especially as only need a small amount to finish.

does anyone know where I can buy marmox board in scotland (ie rather than wait for delivery)?

im using 10mm boards which are 120 x 60, although happy with whatever width/length.

topps seem to only stock hardieboard, checked wickes, b&q, etc but can't find anywhere online!

im based in fife, so anywhere around perth, edinburgh, Livingston, Stirling would be worth travelling to!

many thanks in advance!

T

trevortine

Hi all,

Cracking through tiling job today, however have underestimated the amount of marmox board required - ideally would like to carry on tomorrow if poss, especially as only need a small amount to finish.

does anyone know where I can buy marmox board in scotland (ie rather than wait for delivery)?

im using 10mm boards which are 120 x 60, although happy with whatever width/length.

topps seem to only stock hardieboard, checked wickes, b&q, etc but can't find anywhere online!

im based in fife, so anywhere around perth, edinburgh, Livingston, Stirling would be worth travelling to!

many thanks in advance!
Not that I know of. Tilefix direct is best bet.

O

One Day

Topps stock warmup board which if its not made by marmox is 99% identical.
Prepare to pay though!

T

trevortine

Best just going to CTD and getting wedi, Topps will only have 6mm and will pull ur pants off to pay for it!!

S

Stef

Diatech in Perth.

It won't be Marmox but they do stock a waterproof board.

Give them a bell & speak to them.
Ask for David Henderson.

K

Katie279

Thanks all, some great advice. Just to be clear, am using for floor underneath UFH, so less about waterproofness and more about insulation ability.

to summarise:
tilefixdirect - naturally have it, but would have to wait one or two days for deliver.

topps - stock warmup, but would be only 6mm, although the idea of simply having
to pull my pants off to pay for things is most appealing, could save a fortune.... ;)

Ctd-not heard of this, but is wedi equivalent to marmox insulation-wise?

diatech - stock waterproof board, but more concerned about insulation board...

as things stand seems like CTD might be the front runner, assuming wedi is a relative equivalent...

Q

Qwerty

Yes wedi is very very similar to marmox. Only real difference is the finish of the cement face but that is about it really.

K

Katie279

Cheers guys, got some wedi from CTD edinburgh (perth didn't have any in stock as they order in) . Insulation board purchased and kept my pants....!

Reply to Marmox board suppliers in scotland? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen