Search the forum,

Discuss marcrist porcelain blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I tried the 300mm one out today on 600 glazed porcelain tile it was a very clean cut none of the harsh chipping described by earlier posts cut was clean and straight the machine was a fixed balde push tray machine , so 1st impressions are good. I am trying the 350mm blade in an overhead pull, bridge type cutter tomorrow and will post my findings,the good thing is there is a 30 day no quiblle money back guarantee so that should give me enough time to put them through their paces :thumbsup:

H

hillhead

I'v never had the 300mm blade on my sigma 10M wander at all,mind you it has a 3hp motor driving the blade.Time will tell.

S

Spud

I'v never had the 300mm blade on my sigma 10M wander at all,mind you it has a 3hp motor driving the blade.Time will tell.
is it a marcrist blade joe? my cutter has the 3 hp motor too just had a cheap cheap blade on it, hoping the marcrist one turns out well as i hate having to return stuff

S

Spud

tried out the 350mm marcrist ck 850 today and it cut very well, very slight chipping if the blade was pulled too quickl, didnt have any problems with wandering and it cut a 900 slither cut with only 1/2mm difference end to end which i think is within the machines tolerance

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Even my marcrist dry cutting grinder blade jumped out and near took my finger off last week!!! it had 2 cracks in it !! not impressed and i had another one in stock so it's in now too.

Which Marcrist blade? The CK850 did that on me two hairline splits and got jammed one day and made a right mess and the grinder flew out of my hand. Spoke with the rep,sent blade back and got a replacement from them. I must say though I think there blades have nose dived in quality over the last year or two and now use the blades from ATS at a quarter of the price and much better. Only had one slight issue with one blade that had a kink in it and Alan replaced that immediately the service is excellent.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Which Marcrist blade? The CK850 did that on me two hairline splits and got jammed one day and made a right mess and the grinder flew out of my hand. Spoke with the rep,sent blade back and got a replacement from them. I must say though I think there blades have nose dived in quality over the last year or two and now use the blades from ATS at a quarter of the price and much better. Only had one slight issue with one blade that had a kink in it and Alan replaced that immediately the service is excellent.
Never send it back if it happens again. That's evidence gone if you need it in court if it damaged something or even worse, hurt a person or animal or something. Send them all the pictures in the world but never send it back.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never send it back if it happens again. That's evidence gone if you need it in court if it damaged something or even worse, hurt a person or animal or something. Send them all the pictures in the world but never send it back.

I wanted a replacement nearly £50 a pop from trade tiler a CK850 125mm. I think if I remember right I sent it back through David at trade tiler then Gary the Marcrist rep phoned me. I use ATS now anyway.

Reply to marcrist porcelain blades in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen