Search the forum,

Discuss marcrist porcelain blades in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I have one for my DW 250n and it drifts badly.....though it does cut (anything) very easily.

S

sparkydude

I bought one from toolstation as my old continuos rim blade was getting a bit tired. The description of it made it sound amazing, i was impressed by the money back guarantee, Good job it had it as after one cut it was back in the box to be returned. It did do what it said and cut amazingly quickly, however it chipped the porcelain three times worse than the old blade.

Overall not impressed with it at all. I have got much better results from a new right lines blade.

Nick

S

Spud

i have ordered 2 a 300mm and a 350mm should i send them back and wait for the montolit Dna instead in your opinion?

D

doug boardley

I'd give them a go Gary, if they do chip the glaze you could always use them for stone work:thumbsup:

W

White Room

I'm searching for another blade for the porcelain, at present I cut into a scored right angle then just snap the scored lines

S

Spud

its a full bodied gres type porcelain rather than a glazed lappato type porcelain i will be using them on ,at the moment the blades i am using are really wandering badly and i am getting bananna shaped cuts never had this happen so badly before so i thought i would buy new blades

D

DHTiling

Gary.. the marcrist blades cut fast... but they do wander is over worked and on larger format tile cutting.

IMO the rubi cpc2 is better than the marcrist as i replaced mine with a cpc2..

The DNA blades are good.. i have just switched blades in my Dewalt saw to the Dewalt blade, just to see the difference .. the Dewalt blade is very good and cuts very well..slightly thinner than the DNA so smooth cutting.. all in all the Dewalt blade is good..

250mm...25.4 bore..

S

Spud

1200 x 600 porcelain tiles 12mm thick need straight cuts which blade will be best rubi cpc or the dna ?

Reply to marcrist porcelain blades in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Replies you've not seen

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley