Search the forum,

Discuss large tiles across doorway in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I've bought some very large tiles for my bathroom floor (maybe starting to regret this now).

How deep do I need to co into the door threshold? I've undercut the doorframe and it looks like this.
to get deeper I'm going to need to do some long thin cuts on the tile to allow it to slot in further.

Whats the best/most professional way to do this? Thinking a wide transition strip doesn't look as good as a thin one.

20211119_175709.jpg
20211119_175715.jpg

JASON

TF
Reaction score
Tile is ment to be half way in the door threshold just cut the tile at the sides and have it touch the gold carpet door strip. Looks like you cut out under the door frame a bit so you have made your life a bit easier

Reaction score
Thanks. Tiled it all bar 1 tile. I found the big tiles hard work and hit the 1 hour before managed to get the last one down (fast dry).
As advised I cut the tile to fit further into the threshold.

20211120_205037.jpg
20211120_210205.jpg

Reply to large tiles across doorway in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen