Search the forum,

Discuss kick in the teeth!!!today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Gooner,
I know what you are going through right now, the same thing happened to me last year, and this was from a client I thought I knew and trusted. One of the worst times of my life, and low and behold they set up a new company and rang me for a quote 6 months later. :incazzato: I flipped my lid to put it mildly.
Even if you run a credit check on some main contractors it tells you nothing, trust your instincts mates. If you have a bad feeling walk away, if they are even a couple of days late, get on the phone, go to the office, and do not put up with any excuses whatsover! If they are still stalling pull of site, and refuse to return till the payment is in your bank. I know this sounds a bit drastic, but you have to do what you have to do these days. I am a complete ***** when it comes to payments now, I dont let anyone get away with anything. My men have families to feed and mortgages to pay, thats my priority and stuff contractors with their lousy lie ridden double dealing excuses.

I gotta calm down, but it makes my blood boil!

Pebbs

P

paul flight

maybe we sould all list the compaines and directors so we can check sll bad ones. if only a !!:mad2:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Sorry to hear this Dave, good luck with it. Bloody crooks:incazzato:

R

richard Kent

Sorry to hear your bad news.
When MFI went **** up they owed me quite a few bob, got a letter last week offering me .025p in the pound owed,:mad2: (yep thats right 1p for every £4 owed) made use of the letter though I put in the outhouse:lol:

Reply to kick in the teeth!!!today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen