Search the forum,

Discuss Keraquick - first time - ooh er! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

I used Keraquick white for the 1st time on a lovely marble job and I have to say, for just £14 a bag, I was well impressed!

It mixed up better than BAL, even by hand.

One thing was odd though and I wonder if anyone knows why?
It seemed to get wetter after mixing. What I mean is, after mixing to the correct consistancy (I like my addy a bit thicker than most - more toothpaste than mayo) after about 10 mins in the bucket it seems to go runnier before it starts to really go off in the bucket.

Never noticed this with BAL RSF - is it something I did wrong with Keraquick?
Didn't cause any probs - just surprised me is all.

L

Leatherface

I used Keraquick white for the 1st time on a lovely marble job and I have to say, for just £14 a bag, I was well impressed!

It mixed up better than BAL, even by hand.

One thing was odd though and I wonder if anyone knows why?
It seemed to get wetter after mixing. What I mean is, after mixing to the correct consistancy (I like my addy a bit thicker than most - more toothpaste than mayo) after about 10 mins in the bucket it seems to go runnier before it starts to really go off in the bucket.

Never noticed this with BAL RSF - is it something I did wrong with Keraquick?
Didn't cause any probs - just surprised me is all.

Takes a bit of getting used to mate.
Allow 10 or 15 mins slump time before adjusting mix after initial mixing.
Works better if mixed stiffer.
Does not go off too quick either

B

brian c

ITS GOOD STUFF...as Nick says leave for 10mins or so then mix again...it does have a good bucket time.

D

DHTiling

I luv it........mapeker is good also.........but the keraquick white...feels just like bucket gear...texture wise...

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
aye good bucket life..i used white keraquick a few times on stone jobs but found it too grainy as it was scratching the travertine...just an observation if ur using ti with stone m8 watch outy i might choose somethin smoother like nanolite next time

G

Grace'sDad

Aaah, I hadn't noticed the extended bucket life. Makes sense to let it rest 10 mins. I thought it was less gritty than BAL's RSF. Nice to use and I'll deffo use it again. Noticed the stronger solventy smell too - NICE!

S

Spud

keraquick should be called keraslow, lovely adhesive to work with but if you are in a hurry forget it

H

hillhead

Love the stuff myself,use mapei a lot,grouted today with my favourite keracolorFF,nice.

Reply to Keraquick - first time - ooh er! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen