Search the forum,

Discuss I hate that mosaic mesh!! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used the sticky mosaic mesh to build it out, two layers. Well, took a long time and I struggled like hell with them and it still showed the joints when I grouted! (I am very picky, the customer probably won't even notice!)
Later I was just watching an American you tube vid where he rolled out a layer of Ditra to the exact width, placed it between two lengths of plaster board and fixed the mosaic to the mat, left it for two days then fit the mat as one tile. the mat was quite flexible and it was obviously spot on. I also saw him do this to fit mosaic to the back of a niche and thought it was the way to go.
Has anybody tried this? I asked at the tiles suppliers but nobody had ever heard of it.

Reply to I hate that mosaic mesh!! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen