Search the forum,

Discuss How to tile 3x1.5metre porcelain fitting methods for wall mounting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dan ivory

Hello everyone, have been tiling for many years now and do more Victorian work generally but have somehow ended up taking over a job that's been messed up, I'm fixing 3 metre by 1.5 metre 6mm porcelain on the wall in two bathrooms they are bookmarked and have a running marble vein the excess have been broken by previous tiler there are no spares each "tile" is £1000 and takes ten weeks delivery from Italy, I have to cut for services before fitting the tiles which weakens them but have rounded all corners to reduce likely cracks, have tried rubi slim lifting system but it makes everything too heavy and uncontrollable(quite a flimsy bit of kit for the money wouldn't recommend this at all), any advice for fitting methods or wishes of good luck would be really welcome

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
kera-lift-6a-l.jpg For avoid the broken risk you need a frame,unfortunately is not cheap frames in the market,especially for this measures.
Sigma 1A3 KERA-LIFT 3400mm x 1600mm Tile Lifting System

O

One Day

Marc is probably asleep. I've just been woken by a 2yr old raring to get outside on his bike at 5.30am though!
I've fixed these magnum 3.2 X 1.6 x 6mm.
The first thing you need is a very flat, very stable work table. Either made or bought.
If you try to cut these with any dips or twists in the tile, even half a mm, the cut can fail.
I Can't vouch for the rubi gear, but my overall opinion of rubi is pretty poor.
I Use the sigma kera lift and kera cut.,
Straight cuts are easy if your table is good.
Cuts for services are easier if you drill rather than grind. I had a bad experience using the grinder, the tile didn't like it and vibration caused a ruined cut, even with carpet to cushion the tile.
Say for instance you want to cut for a flush plate, I'd drill the corner holes and then link them with the grinder. Other holes, get the right sized bits.
Don't try to lift them without a proper frame!
And don't accept liability if they break unless it's your fault. tmp_6691-20160727_1420501936145929.jpg tmp_6691-20160804_160739775133021.jpg
I Had one which sounded duff when tapped. I suspected it was broken already. The cut failed, it was already broken and I was free of blame! Phew!
Have fun!

I

Italy

Marc is probably asleep. I've just been woken by a 2yr old raring to get outside on his bike at 5.30am though!
I've fixed these magnum 3.2 X 1.6 x 6mm.
The first thing you need is a very flat, very stable work table. Either made or bought.
If you try to cut these with any dips or twists in the tile, even half a mm, the cut can fail.
I Can't vouch for the rubi gear, but my overall opinion of rubi is pretty poor.
I Use the sigma kera lift and kera cut.,
Straight cuts are easy if your table is good.
Cuts for services are easier if you drill rather than grind. I had a bad experience using the grinder, the tile didn't like it and vibration caused a ruined cut, even with carpet to cushion the tile.
Say for instance you want to cut for a flush plate, I'd drill the corner holes and then link them with the grinder. Other holes, get the right sized bits.
Don't try to lift them without a proper frame!
And don't accept liability if they break unless it's your fault. View attachment 90104 View attachment 90106
I Had one which sounded duff when tapped. I suspected it was broken already. The cut failed, it was already broken and I was free of blame! Phew!
Have fun!
how table of job, is recommended to use the packing in wood, that contains the plates.
laminam and kerlite, advise to turn upside-down the box in wood and to support her/it on two easels.

Reply to How to tile 3x1.5metre porcelain fitting methods for wall mounting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen