Search the forum,

Discuss How flat is flat, and have I messed up? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

ben209384234

Total newbie to tiling. How flat is flat with regards to a floor?

I have a small downstairs toilet which I am tiling. It's only 1.78m long by 0.8m wide. Where the toilet was there is a small bump in the floor. I am laying 45x45cm so 8 tiles will cover the whole floor. On the right half of the floor the floor is flat, but around the old toilet area if I put a spirit level on the top, I've probably got 2 to 3mm on each end of the spirit level. I am using a trowel with 10mm x 20mm notches in it.

Will the flexible adhesive and a spirit level flatten this off, or do I need a self levelling compound. And if I do need a self levelling compound, do I do the entire floor?

Lastly, where I took up the carpet grippers and toilet there were some small holes. I filled this with polyfilla because at the time I was going to put down wood flooring.

Is this polyfilla going to cause me problems, or will it be fine once I put the primer, (possible self leveller) and flexible adhesive?

Any help really really appreciated!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 19.35.37.jpeg

Reply to How flat is flat, and have I messed up? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen