Search the forum,

Discuss How do you wrap tiles onto window sill? Just can’t seem to get the joints to line up perfectly? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Jimbob12

DIY Tiler
Sunderland
Are there any tips on how to carry the herringbone pattern onto a window sill. I’m tiling my cousins kitchen and every time I align one tile up with the joints on the wall the others don’t match up.
AD80133F-040A-42C5-A546-91EE6B7F812D.jpeg

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Maidstone
Yeh, it’s level and I didn’t keep the off cuts. There was a bit of a bow in the wall so I’ve took them off and straightened them up so hopefully that was the problem but I’ll have another try tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Do you think it would look stupid with the sill tiled in straight bond if all else fails ?
Yeah if the wall tiles aren’t flat that will throw it out if and I think if you went straight bond it wouldn’t look right maybe get a tile big enough to make a window sill out of it just a thought but might look pretty good something that’s contrasts the white metros

Jimbob12

DIY Tiler
Sunderland
You sure you have followed the pattern correctly?
Have you got a pic of all the tiled wall?
[/QUO
You sure you have followed the pattern correctly?
Have you got a pic of all the tiled wall?
Haven’t got a full pic but I’m pretty sure I followed the pattern correctly. They’re not miles out just millimetres but it doesn’t look good obviously. I’ll have another go tomorrow but I’ll lay them dry this time to save getting adhesive everywhere
[automerge]1579127210[/automerge]
That
Yeah if the wall tiles aren’t flat that will throw it out if and I think if you went straight bond it wouldn’t look right maybe get a tile big enough to make a window sill out of it just a thought but might look pretty good something that’s contrasts the white metros
That’s an idea. Thank you

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
brackley
[automerge]1579127356[/automerge]
Good idea that , maybe a bit of limestone

Reply to How do you wrap tiles onto window sill? Just can’t seem to get the joints to line up perfectly? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen