Search the forum,

Discuss Hi guys, Floor tiling question. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Im tiling small planks over a chipboard floor. My plan is Hardiebackerboard bedded on cement and screwed, followed by the heating mat and then flexible levelling compound. I will use a white,. s2 adhesive with the porcvelain tiles. Would any of you add a thermal 6mm sheet on top of the Hardiebackerboard?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im tiling small planks over a chipboard floor. My plan is Hardiebackerboard bedded on cement and screwed, followed by the heating mat and then flexible levelling compound. I will use a white,. s2 adhesive with the porcvelain tiles. Would any of you add a thermal 6mm sheet on top of the Hardiebackerboard?
no need , Hardibacker will suffice on a timber floor .

Reply to Hi guys, Floor tiling question. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen