Search the forum,

Discuss hexagon wall tiles - bad idea for beginner? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I want to tile the bathroom myself, two walls and inside the windows - seen some really nice white hexagon tiles i think would look good with a light grey grout... but please tell me now if this is bad idea for a beginner?

I've done a couple of small DIY tiling jobs in my own home. My main concern is having really small dodgy cuts at the edges and the hexagons not forming a decent size shape in the corners. There's two windows both different sizes. Considering getting a matching white square tile to do inside the windows.

Size of tiles is 23 x 26.5cm

Thanks

I would personally say that unless you have had a lot of experience with tiling in general then hexagon tiles could be a really awkward job for yourself. Working out cuts and setting out becomes more of a challenge with hex tiles. Plus you mentioned going around two windows. Had it just been a feature wall then I would have said go for it. All the best

Reply to hexagon wall tiles - bad idea for beginner? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen