Search the forum,

Discuss Help, please! Indian stone issues. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wendles

Hoping someone can offer advice. Just had a beautiful Indian stone patio laid. Looked stunning, in shades of grey. Problem is, the guy who laid it told me, if the sealant isn’t sticky/tacky, it would be ok to walk on. This was when it was terribly cold and wet weather. Our dogs have walked all over the patio and it is covered in muddy paw prints! Nightmare! Tried scrubbing and pressure washing.
Can anyone help please?

D

Dumbo

I wouldn't of done a patio now .
I would think best bet is wait for weather to improve strip the sealer off using something like lithofin wax off . Let the stone dry properly and then reseal .

W

Wendles

Ok, so a bit confused now. The guy who laid the patio who told me he has sealed it, informs me NEXUS V75 RESIN was used. Apparently to seal the patio? He tells me the dirty paw prints will weather off....???
Will try and get pics.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had the same laid last year, and before I pointed it, it was sealed. The stone had to have 5 clear, dry days before 2 coats of sealant. Then it was pointed.

Not sure why the guy who laid yours thought it was ok to seal this time of year, and in this weather. ;(

Reply to Help, please! Indian stone issues. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen