Search the forum,

Discuss Has anybody ever repaired a scratch on porcelain tiles? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
To anybody out there in the trade, or other,..I have a noticable scratch on a white and grey marble effect tile, caused by the kitchen fitter. The tiles are 1m x 1m and go under an ornate island so replacing is difficult. Does anybody know of a product that can be used to repair scratches, as buffing the scratch out may be very difficult due to the hardness of the tile?

Reaction score
It's definitely a scratch and not metal mark?
Definitely a scratch, I will upload a picture, it has broke the glaze but not the pattern.
IMG_0284.jpg

J

J Sid

Then it will need to come up, kitchen fitter will have to pay. Maybe a bit tricky but your tiler should not have to much trouble. Maybe a couple of hours work

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Magic man it is then. ;)

Amazing what can be repaired.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yep, as if by magic. :)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nice kitchen though, bet that wasn’t cheap.

O

Old Mod

Go to Halfords, buy a windscreen repair kit, it has liquid resin in it.
It just may mask the scratch.
Won’t work on wall tiles before anyone asks :tearsofjoy:
And it’s 50/50 on the floor, but it may help.
Other than that, you’re up that creek without one!
Lovely tile too I might add :)

Reaction score
Thanks 3 fall, these are the type of constructive answers I was looking for,..have you ever tried it?..there is underfloor heating, so I dont know about longevity but worth a try,.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Reply to Has anybody ever repaired a scratch on porcelain tiles? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen