Search the forum,

Discuss Gypsum based adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
This is a knauff product which I believe he imports from Belgium. What is relevance of coal powered fire station is their a by production it

The raw material is harvested from the waste from coal fire power stations . When you burn coal you but lots of sulphur compounds into the atmosphere causing acid rain. the way they control this is by using "scrubbers" to pull the sulphur compounds out of the system and tie them up as Calcium sulphate. this is then calcined at relatively high temperature to form the Alpha Hemi Hydrate. Its more environmentally friendly than cement but not as good as Anhydrite.

Another cement replacement product PFA is also harvested from the same source and this is in world wide shortage at present de to the closure of so many coal fired stations. it sort of follows that Alpha Hemi will go the same way at some point.

D

Dumbo

The raw material is harvested from the waste from coal fire power stations . When you burn coal you but lots of sulphur compounds into the atmosphere causing acid rain. the way they control this is by using "scrubbers" to pull the sulphur compounds out of the system and tie them up as Calcium sulphate. this is then calcined at relatively high temperature to form the Alpha Hemi Hydrate. Its more environmentally friendly than cement but not as good as Anhydrite.

Another cement replacement product PFA is also harvested from the same source and this is in world wide shortage at present de to the closure of so many coal fired stations. it sort of follows that Alpha Hemi will go the same way at some point.
Thanks . You should be that bloke that does the science on telly .

Reply to Gypsum based adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement