Search the forum,

Discuss full tile or different? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

ok,so you get a job to tile a floor.What way do you like to finish at a door?

personally i like to have a full tile when i enter a room to start with although not always possible because of the shape of room etc...i know we all have our own preferences,so whats yours?

D

davy_G

Mmm, as i tile to the door i usually have a cut. Depends on the set out but i like at least half a tile running to the wall the door is on so that leaves at least half the tile plus the depth the door is recessed...if that makes sense.

L

LM Ceramics

same here a cut to the door usually all depends on the layout i try centred first work the cuts out and i also try different ways of setting out i go with the best outlook

M

medlar

Depnds on the room layout,prefer a full tile if at all possible,which 99% of the time is not possible,especially if ya got more than 1 door in the room lol

Jimmy

G

garretridge

at least half a tile for me as well in an ideal world a full tile would look better!:8:

Reply to full tile or different? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen