Search the forum,

Discuss Fugenboy silicon tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I normally use my finger and soapy water for silicone however I was asked to use a fugenboy on my last job! I had never seen the fugenboy tool before, I have tried plenty off other so called silicon tools over the years and have never got on with them and have always returned to using the finger.
Well i am that impressed with this tool that I thought i would share it with you! It is so good at its job I was amazed! I highly reccomend this tool it leaves such a crisp clear even silicon line.:thumbsup: I used it dry and with in 2 mins i was flying around the silicone it is so easy to use.

Fugenboy 3 Piece Kit - Silicone Smoothening Tools - AB Sealants Ltd

S

Stef

Yes these are very good to use, bought 2 sets a long time ago out of screwfix, i cut one set in half as i was really tight down between a door facing & the shower screen, i use them dry & just keep a good few bits of blue roll to wipe them clean

Q

Qwerty

Not too dissimilar to the rubber ones from Cornertape which are designed to be used like the fugenboy (although the cheap plastic ones they include with the tapes are pretty good actually)

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've never used one, but open to try it.
How do you keep the bead neat when the tool crosses grout joints, when siliconing a vertical corner , for example. does the tool not go in to these joints a bit????

G

Gazebo

I've never used one, but open to try it.
How do you keep the bead neat when the tool crosses grout joints, when siliconing a vertical corner , for example. does the tool not go in to these joints a bit????

Hi Tommy
Yes the tool does pop in and out of the grout joint so you have to be careful and i tip or lean mine forward over a grout joint to help rectify this. to be honest on mosaics the tools aren't as useful as on large format tiles.

Reply to Fugenboy silicon tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen