Search the forum,

Discuss Floor to wall tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
Going to be tiling a small cloak room floor and a wall plus boxed in cistern/ pipe work.
15661248388914803699.jpg

Ive tiled plenty of walls before but this will be my first attempt at doing the floor.
Im assuming that do the floor first and then overlap the wall tiles on top of the floor tiles?
A few other questions you guys might be able to help with.

The bathroom gets quite cold in winter as its on an external wall. Is there anything i can put down to try and insulate the tiles from being vert cold?

What sort of gap do you need to leave between the floor tiles and the walls

Also do you use grout at the joint between floor and wall tile or some sort of flexible sealant.

W

WetSaw

UFH will stop the tiles feeling cold!
Some people tile the walls first leaving out the bottom row, then the floor and finally cut in the bottom row of wall tiles. I usually tile the floor first then do the walls. 2mm gap between wall and floor siliconed.

Reply to Floor to wall tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen