Search the forum,

Discuss Floor tiler sought herefordshire / uncalibrated slate, small rooms. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jifster

Hi, are there any Herefordshire based tilers on the forum?

I am looking for someone to lay our uncalibrated slate tiles. We have two downstairs rooms that need laying in a circa 1800 stone cottage. One room will be done at a time though as only one room will be ready for now.

Not a large room, only 10ft x 12ft the 1st that will be ready.

Floor may need some sealing or perhaps some leveling in places. Dry concrete, dustly and top brittle in places but not broken.

Also would be good if the person had some exp in laying a fire harth in a small inglenook at the right height to the new floor for a small multifuel stove to sit on.

One doorway and no pipework.

We have the tiles (multi coloured slate from Fired Earth purchased some time ago in a sale) but have not decided on the base for the stove, something neutral?.

Walls are being done in lime plaster and I have been told to have the tiling done first as the lime plaster is going to come down to the floor with no skirting.

Cottage is in Clifford approx 18 miles from Hereford.

Exp in uncalibrated slate is a must, and someone who enjoys working on the smaller projects and can help us finish this room as it's been a very slow process upto now. Someone with patience and confidence who has worked on old cottages.

Thankyou for your time.

Regards,
Garry

T

TilingLogistics

Hi Garry

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for posting the job! I am sure someone will contact you shortly:thumbsup:

Kev

W

White Room

quote jifster;Walls are being done in lime plaster and I have been told to have the tiling done first as the lime plaster is going to come down to the floor with no skirting.

Personally I would have lime plaster taken to the floor done first, Lime burns and the tiles would have to well covered

J

jifster

quote jifster;Walls are being done in lime plaster and I have been told to have the tiling done first as the lime plaster is going to come down to the floor with no skirting.

Personally I would have lime plaster taken to the floor done first, Lime burns and the tiles would have to well covered

Ok thanks for the info. I was planning on covering/protecting the tiles well. It's not a large room so I don't think it would be too difficult.

I will ask my lime plastering contacts again just to make sure that is the best way to proceed.

Reply to Floor tiler sought herefordshire / uncalibrated slate, small rooms. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen