Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing decoupling membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I'm currently pricing a job 60sq. mtrs. 600/440 porcelain over ufh under screed. As I've never fixed membrane and this is a substantial area I'm unsure of how long it takes and would appreciate a rough guide price for labour. Alternatively some idea of time to fix 60 sq.mtrs in a reasonably open area would help. Thanks

D

Daz

It doesn't take too long to install but if you are unsure then advise your customer that it is part of the prep work which can only be quoted on a day rate due to so many variables. You can then give an estimate of one day but with a caveat that it may be more, that way you are covered.

Good luck.

S

SandyFloor

I'm not worried about being slightly out on it as I just put it down to learning and experience. I just don't want to be a mile out but a day to fit seems about right.

D

Daz

Is that what you are charging Mark? :yikes: That's on a par with 3 days money for fixing. Have you got any jobs going? I can make myself available for that sort of daily dosh :smilewinkgrin:

S

SandyFloor

I'm thinking one days labour plus 7no. 20kg addy plus membrane. How does that sound? plus a little mark up.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Remember your there to make money, don't do everything at cost......

Add 15% to the materials

Reply to Fixing decoupling membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen