Search the forum,

Discuss Extension floor - decoupling membrane? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

MattMo

-
Reaction score
Hi, I had a small kitchen extension built a couple of years ago. The new sand and cement screed has been taken right up to the old one over where the old external wall used to be. Obviously after a couple of years this has now well dried out. The new floor has more insulation than the old.

The area is a lower case d shape with 2.4 x 2.4m to be tiled in the old area and 1.2 x 2.1 to be tiled in the new area.

Whats the best solution here, cover the screed in a decoupling membrane and tile on? Just put an expansion joint at the join in the screed to allow for any differential expansion? Just tile straight on with no special precautions?

Reply to Extension floor - decoupling membrane? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen