Search the forum,

Discuss Durabase matting over Hardie 6mm floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Grazza

-
Reaction score
Hi,
Would you use Durabase matting over Hardie 6mm floor?

Im not 100% happy with the ply floor so am going to use 6mm Hardie backer 1200 x 600 mm.

Its advised to go in a brick-bond staggered to reduce chance of cracking, but Im kind of thinking that there a loads more joins now than I had with the plyboard (which was two 18mm at 2400x1200)

On the floor Im using 1200 x 200mm tile - the plank wood effect, so I assume I'll need to ensure the joins are in the middle of the tile (100mm)

So Im wondering if I should use a decoupling matting over the Hardie 6mm floor to eliminate the chance of cracking? The ply is solid and flat just not good quality. I was gonna durabase over the ply so I have a roll already.

Cheers in advance !

Reply to Durabase matting over Hardie 6mm floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen