Search the forum,

Discuss Dry treat or Lithofin stains top in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I may get quite a large floor to do soon and am thinking of using dry treat for the first time.
it is considerably more expensive than stain stop which I get a good rate on having an account with casdron.
That said supposedly the dry treat lasts much longer and therefore should be more cost effective.
anyone used dry treat a lot or long ago enough to pRove that is is more cost effective over time.
this job is in a church and will be french limestone with a lot of traffic

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
John, my preferred sealer in dry-treat, i use the meta-creme which is water based. To be honest though, I mainly fix porcelain and ceramic, not much stone at all. I primarily use it for grout joints on lighter coloured floors, in showers and behind cooker hobs, and I find that it works really well particularly in behind the hobs avoiding discolouration due to grease etc.

It is considerably more expensive but it does actually penetrate the material over a period of about 4 weeks to a depth of about 7mm therefore any wear on the top surface does not cause an issue.

If you want my suppliers number for prices PM me

Cheers

Reply to Dry treat or Lithofin stains top in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen